IPTI’s activities fall into the following broad categories:
- Research, Consultancy and Advisory Services: IPTI provides impartial, independent, expert advice to both public and private sector clients and stakeholders. More detailed information about these activities is provided under “Recent Projects” below.
- Mediation and Facilitation: IPTI provides a variety of independent, impartial conflict resolution services for those who prefer to seek an alternative to litigation. IPTI’s services provide a less formal, more flexible, cost-effective process than traditional litigation and can be tailored to suit the needs of the parties concerned.
- Training and Education: IPTI provides a wide range of training and education opportunities including conferences, workshops and seminars in different locations around the world. Often these events are delivered in partnership with other organizations, for example, the Institute of Municipal Assessors in Canada and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors in Canada, the USA, the Middle East, etc. IPTI also runs regular webinars on property tax issues and has its own eLearning platform covering a wide range of topics concerning the policy and practice of property taxation and valuation.
- Publications: IPTI’s publications include the Journal of Property Tax Assessment and Administration, IPTIpedia, which is an online database of property tax systems in over 40 countries around the world, and IPTI Xtracts which is available via the website and contains recent articles and other items of interest relating to property tax systems in various countries. IPTI has also published textbooks by leading specialists on property tax issues.
- Membership Services: Although IPTI is not membership driven, we offer professional, corporate and organizational memberships.